Parts of Speech: Pronouns Overview
Hello and welcome back to English FBA (English For Beginners Academy).
In Today’s lesson, we will be talking about: Parts of Speech: Pronouns Overview
You will learn:
- Definition of a pronoun
- Definition of an antecedent
- Pronoun cases
- Types of pronouns (overview)
What is a pronoun?
- Pronoun: a pronoun is a part of speech that functions as a replacement for a noun.
- A pronoun can be an antecedent for another pronoun.
What is an antecedent?
- Antecedent: is the noun that is being replaced. It may be in the same sentence, in a previous sentence, or not given at all.
- The antecedent always comes before the pronoun for which it is the antecedent.
- We like our new home.
The pronoun ‘We’ is the antecedent for the pronoun ‘our’.
Please click the arrow to open the next page and continue reading